To cancel an existing reservation, click here.
Bohemia Ecological Preserve Workshop Series: Come experience & learn at LandPaths' Bohemia Ecological Preserve. We’ll join local experts in various topics for outdoor classes on this beautiful 1000 acre property.
The Serpentine Stroll: We'll join SSU Professor Emeritus Rolfe Erickson on a leisurely stroll through the serpentine formations of the Bohemia Ecological Preserve. Learn how serpentine, the state rock, originated in the ocean bottom and now extends through much of the west county, its mineral content affecting the landscape and forest foliage in dramatic ways that make the Preserve so unique. This hike will be 2-3 miles over moderate-steep terrain.
- Workshops are limited to small groups for more hands-on experience
- This workshop is geared towards adults
- All proceeds go to help fund programs at the Bohemia Ecological Preserve
- Workshop fees are non-refundable (thank you for registering only if you intend to join us)
When and Where: We will meet at 8:30am on Saturday, Sept 14th at the Bohemia Ecological Preserve, just past Westminster Woods. From the intersection of Graton Road and Bohemian Highway in Occidental, travel approximately 3 miles north on Bohemian Highway. The Preserve is on the right-hand side (if you are coming from Occidental) & looks like a quarry. Watch for staff or volunteers located at Bohemian Highway to direct you to parking!
What to bring:
Bring water, lunch, a snack, sunscreen, a hat, binoculars if you have them, and a notebook and pen if you wish.
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver.
- There is one porta-potty on the property. There is no potable water available on the property.
- No pets or smoking are permitted and absolutely no smoking pets!
- We will stay together as a group & leave together. Early departures cannot be accommodated except in case of medical emergency.
Email outings@LandPaths.org or call 707.524.9318 with any questions. Looking forward to seeing you at the Bohemia Ecological Preserve!