Stewardship Workday at the Healdsburg Open Space Preserve
Wednesday, February 22nd
Leaders: Erin Mullen, LandPaths Staff
Please RSVP for this workday below.
In the event of heavy rain or wind p
lease call LandPaths’ event line at 707-544-7284 then press 1 after 7am on the morning of the workday. If plans for the workday have been changed, we’ll leave a special outgoing message. Otherwise, the workday will proceed as planned.
Lend a hand to steward the beautiful Healdsburg Ridge Open Space Preserve. Volunteer stewards maintain the trails, preserve natural resources, meet new people, learn new things, and feel good about the work they accomplish. Without help from volunteers like you, many parks like this wouldn’t exist!
Tasks for this workday: We will be focusing our attention for the day on trail clearing and French broom removal.
We hope you can join us!
Where: Healdsburg Ridge Preserve Arabian Way trailhead. Street parking.
From Highway 101,
Take the Dry Creek exit and go east.
Turn left (north) on Healdsburg Avenue and go about 1 mile.
Turn right (east) onto Parkland Farms Boulevard and travel to the eastern end of the road (about ¾ miles).
Turn right onto Bridle Path and look for on-street parking.
Trailhead is at the eastern end of Arabian Way
What to bring:
• Re-fillable water bottle, lunch/snacks and pack to carry it with you!
• Work gloves (we will have some if you do not want to get yours oaky) and sturdy shoes/boots. Hat, sunglasses, and long-sleeved pants and shirt recommended.
• We will provide some tools, but feel free to bring your own: particularly useful tools include weed wrenches, loppers, hand pruners, hand saws. No power tools please!
• You will be asked to sign a liability waiver.
• There is no restroom or water at property.
• Though dogs are allowed at Healdsburg Ridge, we ask that you leave them at home if planning on working
Location : Healdsburg Ridge Open Space Preserve, 499 Arabian Way Healdsburg, CA, 95448