TREKSONOMA – BOHEMIA TO THE SEA
Friday, May 19 - Sunday, May 21, 2017
Leaders: Craig Anderson; Guest Naturalist Michael Ellis May 21, LandPaths Staff & Volunteers
(2pm Friday to 2pm Sunday)
Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to register!
This has become the signature TrekSonoma 3-day experience to date – travelled by public participants, commissioned groups and now – the past two years – by teens on spring break. Starting at LandPaths’ Bohemia Preserve off Bohemian Highway on Friday, we walk nearly 20 miles over the course of three days, finishing at Shell Beach on the Sonoma Coast just south of Goat Rock State Park. First night, Bohemia Ecological Preserve with tenting at “Hut Hill,” with its big views and nearly zero (!) light sources to be seen from distant ridges after sundown. Second night, a secluded privately owned ranch on the edge of Willow Creek State Park.
Cost includes all meals, sufficient libations and personnel transport from and return to Bohemia at journey’s end, as well as transporting all personal and group overnight gear to overnight ‘village’ sites.
Food is as locally-sourced and as healthful as possible; chef-prepared.
LandPaths heartily encourages those for whom cost is a barrier to apply for the limited number of work-trade scholarships available. As a community institution LandPaths is committed to helping people experience the breadth of our programming so that cost is not a barrier!
Friday, 19, 2pm at LandPaths’ Bohemia Ecological Preserve
Location & Directions:
Specific information on parking and securing vehicles and relevant particulars will be forwarded to trip participants in advance.
Details on the Route:
- This Trek is geared towards people who love to walk beneath the open skies for the better part of the day and – over the course of several days – feel that they are actually traveling across a landscape.
- One need not be an Olympian to make the hike, but be in shape for several days of walking; the pace is completely doable for anyone who is in shape to walk. We carry only a knapsack with layer, water, optional camera and a portion of the ‘trail lunch.’
- Children 11 and up that are hearty walkers are certainly encouraged to join their adult parent or caregiver.
First day’s walk: 3 - 4 miles around Bohemia Preserve to take in wildflowers, birds and the iconic waterfall. Second day: BIG DAY, 11 miles of varied terrain but taken at a leisurely pace in order to arrive at the rustic meadow campsite for appetizers, optional hot water rinse and dinner. Final day: approximately 4 mile hike up and over Pomo Canyon and Red Hill to end at Shell Beach.
What to Bring:
- Participants are responsible for their own sleeping bag, pad and tent (rental of tents and air mats available). LandPaths shuttles this equipment between night stays.
- Daypack, water bottle and miscellany for day hikes
- A complete gear list will be made available two weeks prior to the trip to all registered participants
LandPaths Will Provide:
- All group camping gear (kitchen, cooking gear, Loo, skip-bathing station, dining tent)
- All meals starting snacks on Friday afternoon and Dinner, thru brunch on Sunday.
- LandPaths will provide simple, healthy foods with some gluten free options. If you have dietary restrictions, please be sure to pack what you need in order to stay nourished. More Details:
- Participants will need to sign a liability waiver.
- Due in part to crossing private land with stock animals and state park property, pets are not allowed on this Trek.
- There will be an emergency vehicle at the camping spot that can transport participants in the case of an emergency
- $625 per adult
- $350 per youth age 11-17; This Trek is not recommended for youth under 11.
You can pay online or if needed, call Mary Miyano at 707-544-7284 ext. 110 who will take your payment over the phone.
Worktrade & Scholarships:
Scholarship and Worktrade opportunities may be available. Please click here to access a Worktrade/Scholarship application.
LandPaths Cancellation Policy For TrekSonoma
Please read the cancellation policy below before you make your reservation. If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy or required fitness levels, please contact the LandPaths’ office. We regret that we cannot make any exceptions to this policy.
How To Cancel:
In the event that you need to cancel from a Trek, please notify the LandPaths’ office directly. You can contact Mary at 707-544-7284 x100 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
30 days and above, prior to the first day of Trek: full refund minus a $25 processing fee
29 – 0 days prior to the first day of the Trek: No Refund
Cancelled Or Changed Trips By LandPaths:
In the event that LandPaths needs to cancel or change a Trek, registered individuals will be notified as soon as possible. LandPaths will reimburse all fees paid by registrants to LandPaths. LandPaths is not responsible for other fees or payments that have been incurred outside of LandPaths.