Through a trauma-informed approach, Inspired Forward brings together positive, life-changing, and leadership-based experiences for youth with the opportunities presented by the land: recreation, learning, adventure, healthy food, quiet contemplation, relaxation, and community.
Inspired Forward provides:
- Four themed guided outdoor field trips through the year (three one-day field trips
- and one overnight) led by trained staff guides and volunteers.
- Exposure to outdoor recreational activities (hiking, kayaking, ropes course, camping), healthy food, and learning opportunities that could become lifelong pursuits.
- A sense of belonging.
- The opportunity to reflect and interact with nature.
History of Inspired Forward
In 2012, Inspired Forward rose out of a promise made by Executive Director Craig Anderson after the devastating Sandy Hook school shooting. He saw the importance of creating a sense of belonging for teens and young adults in our community. Drawing on LandPaths history of creating transformative outdoor experiences, we created Inspired Forward. We leverage the power of time in nature with peers and adult mentors to combat violence, strengthen community, and empower youth to make more positive life choices.
- Environmental literacy through hands-on activities aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- The chance to explore the beneficial relationship between humans and the land, and the development of a stewardship ethic through fun and rewarding projects.
- A recognition of their amazing power and responsibility to act on behalf of the earth.
- An invitation to attend a three-night, four-day Spring Break Trek from the ocean through public and private lands in Sonoma County.